By: Dana Baardsen
New York, N.Y. (2012 Sept 6) — Sparkling across the five boroughs of New York City, Fashion’s Night Out is a proud celebration dressed in eloquence and anticipation for the week ahead. Vendors, models, stylists, designers, artists, journalists and everyone inbetween flood the lighted cement streets as they energize the moments leading up to New York’s infamous and historic, Fashion Week.
A Fashion Week attendee must carefully choose the most appropriate and stylish garments to wear. Only the finest and seemingly tasteful outfits will be complimented in the city this week.
Once you’re ready to reveal your “it” outfit to fellow fashionistas and New Yorkers alike, you must be able couple it with a mindful event diet.
Sure, you could romp through the streets of New York without giving a thought or care to your diet, but I assure you it will throw off your overall presentation. Here are five things you can do to make sure you feel as fit, glowing, energized, confident, and sexy during New York’s Fashion Week events.
- Fit: Make a few simple lifestyle adjustments during the days leading up to the event. For detailed tips and tricks on how to drop some weight and tone up in a healthy, quick way– visit this post (Lose Ten Pounds: Tips From Nutribabble & Dr. Oz).
- Glowing: You want your skin to be absolutely glowing and radiant for these events. Let salad become your new best friend. …Honestly though, cut out ALL dairy and increase your intake of dark leafy greens and citrus fruits. Drinks lots and lots of water which rids the body of toxins and plumps up the collagen in your skin! Slice up some cucumber, fruit and mint and toss in a glass of H2O for a cleansing and rejuvenating drink.
- Energized: Eat small amounts throughout the day, rather than huge meals which will weigh you down. Carry some type of on-the-go snack in your purse so you can nibble on something if you have to go a long time without food. Don’t you dare munch during the show!
- Confident: Eat with style on your way to, and during the event. Think about it this way. Which will make you swivel your hips more while you walk? A greasy hot dog and salted nuts from the nearest cart…or some type of artful yet nutritious food/beverage from the corner’s hot-spot café? Look glam and eat glam too!
- Sexy: Be aware of what food options could affect your “sexiness” during the event. Some hor d’oeuvres may be floating around which you should just avoid. Steer clear of anything which could easily stain your outfit like red wines, dipping sauces and dark dressings. Don’t overstuff your mouth, as anyone could stir up conversation with you at any given moment. This goes hand in hand with not getting anything stuck in your teeth!
So there you have it, now that you know the quirky diet etiquette for New York’s Fashion Week, you’re free now to unleash your inner diva onto the streets of New York! NB