My piece in Great Skin! Magazine, Published by: iVillage.com, NBCUniversal
By: Dana Baardsen
Spring has officially sprung as fog rolls over the New York area. De-fog your diet by snacking on these top five picks:
1. Sugar Snap Peas: Fresh and crunchy these ohhh so sweet snap peas will allow you to snack, guilt-free. Throw some of these high-fiber bites into a zip lock baggie for a perfect on-the-go snack!
2. Carrots: Much on these for a snack high in antioxidants and low in calories. Carrots make a great spring snack…just don’t forget to save some for the Easter bunny!
3. Okra: I hope you’ve heard of this little veggie-like fruit. If not, pick some up in the frozen food section of your local supermarket. Okra is a powerful fruit with anti-cancer and age defying effects you just can’t ignore!
4. Artichoke: So filling yet surprisingly low-cal, artichokes make a great family style spring snack. This potassium packed treat can be enjoyed with yummy low fat dips.
5. Strawberries: Juicy, sweet and irresistible, strawberries can actually help curb your appetite and fuel your metabolism…not to mention whiten your teeth! Indulge in these sweeties this spring and don’t hesitate to stick some in the freezer for a hard-candy-like treat.
Photo Credits: Shape.com